Breakfast Chef - Malmaison, Glasgow
From our iconic buildings to the iconic dishes on our Brasserie menu, we dare to be different from other UK hotels. Our 12 exciting city centre hotels put our guests at the heart of the action, whether they're visiting for business or pleasure.
Malmaison is here to cater for those who demand something different. People who are looking for a stylish stay, daring dining or an impressive events venue. Depending on which Malmaison you choose, you may check in to a converted castle prison, hospital or even a royal mail sorting office. But the difference doesn't stop there. Each location is designed with flair and imagination, with sumptuous accommodation and daring touches around every corner.
And our team's unbridled passion for big events has made Malmaison one of the most popular choices for UK wedding venues.
Malmaison's 12 UK boutique hotels dare to be different.
Malmaison are one of Europe's leading hotel brands gaining a reputation for being at the cutting edge of hospitality today. We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a different way. We select our people from all walks of life but with one common thread, a desire to succeed in life through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues. We are growing in size and are in the search for the best talented people on the market, if you have these attributes and they are in your heart then we would love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the general mise-en-place in the kitchen.
- You will be required to assist the kitchen brigade in the day to day running of the kitchen preparing food to the highest standard during the breakfast ands lunch service periods. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
- Breakfasts Chefs must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
- Experience in a similar position is beneficial but not necessary, however we are looking for commitment and dedication.
We are offering a competitive hourly rate plus / including service charge and an award winning benefit package including:
- Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare scheme.
- Employee assistance scheme.
- 31 days holiday per annum.
- Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes including the AAA programme for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Every one of our 72 bedrooms and suites has been beautifully equipped with huge beds, torrential showers and newly renovated with stylish fittings and luxuriously thick mattresses, deservedly making Malmaison one of the popular destination hotels in Glasgow. Down in the moodily lit, vaulted basement, you can enjoy a sumptuous dinner of British and French-influenced dishes with a subtle Scottish twist at Martin Wishart's acclaimed The Honours restaurant. Our not-to-be-missed brand new Chez Mal Bar betrays its crafty roots with an impressive towering beer barrel wall – it’s the best place around to grab a cold craft beer, with 6 on tap and a wide range of bottled beauties to sample. Right on the edge of the city's fashionable West End, our hotel is a testament to elegance and style, and our meeting and events spaces are extremely well suited with a clean, airy and comfortable apartment feel. Just around the corner from Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow Central train station and Sauchiehall Street - home of the late-night bars and rock clubs - we're right in the heart of the action, and the only choice if you're a looking for a hotel that's far from orthodox.