Waiter - Hotel du Vin, York
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
The role involves taking responsibility for serving food and beverage with personality. You will be required to ensure all guests expectations are met during the restaurant experience and providing amazing hospitality to our guests. You will be expected to communicate with the chefs and other team members and manage a section within the restaurant ensuring all standards are met with attention to detail, creating memories of an experience that the guest will never forget.Waiters must be passionate about food and beverage and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests. Experience in a similar quality restaurant is beneficial but not necessary, however, service with a smile and personality is a must.
Retreat to a nook or cranny for morning coffee, afternoon tea or your favourite tipple. Enjoy candlelit dining and seasonal dishes in the cool ambience of our trademark bistro. Explore our extensive wine list with expert guidance from our Sommelier. Choose a cigar and escape to the Cigar shack. Book a distinctive function room for a business meeting, family celebration or wedding. And when sleep calls, ascend the sweeping staircase to one of 44 stylish bedrooms for huge custom-made beds, handsprung mattresses, fluffy towels and robes, soft Egyptian cotton bed linen, monsoon shower or roll top bath. For romance, comfort and style, there's nothing better than our stunning hotel in York.