Assistant Head Sommelier - Chippenham
Assistant Head Sommelier
We are looking for an Assistant Head Sommelier to work alongside the Head Sommelier within the Food and Beverage team at Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa.
The Assistant Head Sommelier role is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills with a view to progressing in the future. You will be required to deputise in the Head Sommeliers absence and work with the Head Sommelier to ensure that the wine service is carried out to a consistently high standard, the wine list is maintained and improved the cellar managed correctly.
The Michelin starred Park restaurant is currently open Tuesday to Saturday evenings and Sunday lunch, we also host private dinners, celebration evenings and weddings throughout the year.
Skills and experience required to fulfil the Assistant Sommelier role:
- Experience as a junior Sommelier, preferably in a comparable property
- An understanding of Cellar management
- Extensive wine knowledge, a WSET qualification is desirable
- Knowledge of Licensing Laws, weights and measures – Personal Licence would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and guests in a professional manner
- Fluent in English – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Team player
- Passionate about guest service
- Remain calm under pressure and respond to guest’s requests in a timely and professional manner
We are offering a competitive salary for a full time role, working 48 hours over 5 days including evenings, weekends and Bank/Public Holidays. Due to the location of the property it is advisable to have your own transport to enable you to fulfil the shifts required for this role.
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England's finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in The Park restaurant or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free car parking
- Discounts on facilities and products including cookery school, equestrian centre, spa treatments and retail, dining at the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park, other Relais and Chateaux hotels and Pride of Britain hotels
- Complimentary room nights for length of service
- Long service awards
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday, with additional holiday days for length of service
THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
If you can show via your CV that you have the right experience and background for this role we would love to hear from you. Please send a copy of your current CV for consideration.
In line with the requirements of UK immigration legislation all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documentary evidence of eligibility to work will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. If you do not already have the right to live and work in the UK please do not apply as we cannot help with obtaining the relevant visa.