Junior Activities Manager - Kent
Nuffield Health are currently looking for Junior Activities Manager to be based in the Crèche onsite in the Medway Fitness & Wellbeing Gym. The purpose of this role is to provide care and education whilst promoting health, growth and development.
- Maximise the occupancy and utilisation of the crèche service, both internally to our members and external to the wider market place.
- Identify opportunities for sales growth, i.e. children’s parties etc
- Ensure DBS/PVG compliance, whether crèche is internally managed or using outsourced solution
- If outsourced, effective management of the relationship with third party to achieve optimum performance/ utilisation
- Take a lead in planning and assessment of the children
- Implementing updates in current childcare legislation
- Implement and ensure all policies are followed and adhered to
- Taking a proactive approach to the site operations and preparing for Ofsted/Care Inspectorate inspections and actioning recommendations.
- Responsibility for the daily running and administration of the crèche, junior programme and holiday camp whilst adhering to the Policies & Procedures of Nuffield Health, ensuring compliance with the Children Act and Health and Safety legislation, all within the requirements and guidelines laid down by Ofsted/Care Inspectorate.
- To provide a happy, safe, secure and stimulating environment in which the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and psychological development of the children is taken into account.
- To encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence within supportive group care, compensating where necessary for difficulties they might experience within their families.
- Provide equipment for play and education and link equipment to areas of development
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualification in either of the following: NNEB, NVQ Level 3/ 4, BTEC, BA Hons
- Desirable qualifications are EYPS, Paediatric First Aid and Food HygienePerson Specification:
- Experience of managing a team
- Understanding of statutory requirements
- Experience of delivering EYFS
- Good IT skillsAbout Nuffield Health
Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest and most pioneering healthcare charity, integrating fitness and well-being, prevention and cure. We’ve brought together our hospitals, clinics, fitness & wellbeing centres as well as our diagnostic units into one holistic healthcare service provided from over 200 locations. A not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest every penny we make into helping the people of Britain to lead healthier, happier lives. In today’s healthcare market, we’re in an enviably strong position.
Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres offer a state-of-the-art environment in which to further your career. Our innovative way of working integrates services that range from sports massage to Pilates to complementary therapies. And our market leading continuing professional development programmes give you the time, support and budget to train properly. You’ll also enjoy the fact that we put our clients at the centre of everything we do, which means you get the chance to deliver genuinely personal and tailored services.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer additional incentives. We also provide training and development opportunities to progress your career and maintain our high standards of delivery.
We will apply to the DBS for disclosure on successful candidates.