Food & Beverage Manager (Lancashire) - Manchester
Fit for Virgin Active……?
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
We’ve worked hard, come a long way and are really proud to now be offering wholesome, nutritious food to compliment health & wellbeing goals perfectly. This includes a new partnership with Soulmate Food, allowing us to pair our passion for nutrition with our fitness reputation!
Running the very best Club Lounge isn’t just about making sure your members leave having had an excellent experience. It’s also about seeing that behind the scenes elements like hygiene, health and safety requirements are met and that revenue, profit and other performance targets are consistently achieved. And, when it comes to recruiting, developing and leading a successful team, monitoring operational standards or ensuring compliance, we’ll look to you to come up trumps each and every time.
- Ensure an exceptional level of service is presented; that our members are given a personable and attentive service throughout their visit.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, COSHH and department policies, as well as making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Develop and implement successful methods of communication across the department, wider Club between your team and members.
- Line management of the team including recruitment, training and development, as well as rotas and payroll.
- Drive the department to meet all set targets and budgets, exceed commercial success by developing and training existing staff to Brand Standards.
- Successfully deliver financial & departmental KPIs, department Health Checks and audits.
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (7am starts), 'lates' (10.30pm closes) and weekends (8am starts/8pm closes).
What we can’t live without:
With a proven track record in running a highly commercial restaurant business, you’re used to leading a team and willing to try new ideas in a high-energy environment. You’re deadline driven and results-focused too, and settle for nothing less than the highest standards of personal hygiene, grooming and presentation.
- Previous experience in supervising or managing a similar Food & Beverage operation, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Experience in supervising and leading a team, able to inspire and drive others to achieve and exceed targets.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Proficiency in using a computer with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
- A Level 2 certificate in food & hygiene would be beneficial but not essential as training would be provided.
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Competitive industry pay
- Dedicated line manager, there to support and promote your development
- Tailored courses to suit you, your interests and increase your expertise in your field.
Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniforms
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!