4 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Salary - up to 7.20 per hour
We are recruiting for a Casual Lifeguard for Sovereign Centre in Eastbourne, West Sussex.
Located right on the seafront in Eastbourne, the whole family can enjoy the fun pool with waves, flume rides and spa pool. Dive into the only public leisure centre diving pool in Sussex or swim in the 25 meter Gala Swimming Pool. We also offer a state of the art newly refurbished gym offering over 80 stations with cardio-theatre, a workout studio offering over 50 classes a week, a health suite with sauna and steam room and a café.
About the job
The Recreation Assistants / Lifeguards role is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide supervision of swimming pools and dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring.
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
* Undertake cleaning tasks as required to ensure the centre is well presented and monitor standards of cleanliness in customer critical areas such as changing rooms and toilets
* Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are promptly dealt with or reported as appropriate
* Maintain high levels of customer service at all times
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
* Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
Skills and Experience
* The Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard will possess a current Royal Lifesaving Society National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ). A First Aid at Work Qualification and Pool Plant Operators Certificate are also desirable.
* The Recreation Assistant / Lifeguard should ideally be able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position, e.g. working in a service led or retail operation
* In line with Serco Leisure’s policy, all employees will have a DBS disclosure at an appropriate level.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.