Operations Manager - Wisborough Green, West Sussex
DEPARTMENT: Three crowns food and beverage operation – inclusive of outside events
SCOPE: To deliver a consistently high standard of product and service and to have a passionate approach to exceeding our guest’s expectations through our vision promote a professional and positive image to all of our guests and contribute to the three crowns targets. To assist the general manager of the control of Food & Beverage costs by through adhering to company procedures, to drive the standards of the operation whilst ensuring all team members delight our guests.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: General Manager
RESPONSIBILITY & AUTHORITY: All team members
WORKING HOURS: As required, but minimum of 40 hours per week
- Enforces performance standards, policies, and procedures in Food & Beverage.
- Responsible for complying with all food and beverage health, liquor and safety regulations; as well as local applicable laws.
- Responsible for the scheduling, evaluating, training and succession planning of direct management and associated staff, and ensuring staff compliance with all customer service standards.
- Ensures Food & Beverage floor operations are run in a smooth, efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews and approves all recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign and discipline all Food and Beverage employees in a fair and equitable manner.
- Maximises cost effectiveness within the Food & Beverage departments, by ensuring compliance with established budget, labour and revenue benchmarks.
- Maintain established inventories by coordinating the ordering of all liquor, and guest supplies in accordance with business needs. Present established pars to the General Manager for approvals and implementation.
- Responsible for listening to, evaluating, resolving and assuring control of customer grievances.
- Monitors job performances of all direct reports and provides feedback performance through appraisals, to aid the employees in developing and enhancing skills.
- Confers with the Assistant General Manager concerning operational deficiencies and areas in need of attention.
- Continuing product development in liaison with the General Manager
- Sets priorities, commercial targets and objectives within your team.
- Directly supervises Food and Beverage team members, indirectly supervises all other Food and Beverage employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provide accurate delivery note details in order to establish purchasing accruals at the end of the accounting period, via daily maintenance of goods received
- Take charge alongside the General manager in period end stock takes for the cellar.
- To ensure that ongoing ‘on the job’ training is being carried out.
- Responsible for all hotel beverage deliveries for all departments and delegate assistance.
- Responsible for daily maintenance/upkeep of the purchase order log of the hotel
- Responsible to ensure Three Crowns purchase order procedure is adhered to at all times.
- To carry out any administrative duties relevant to your development and daily purchasing.
- To maintain department stock requirements, identifying shortages in advance and ensuring an order is placed with the support of the F&B Manager.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three to four years’ Food and Beverage experience required.
- Progressive career development.
- Background in a quality gastro pub environment
- Knowledge of mixology
- Proven track record of career and product development.
- Able to demonstrate commercial skills.
- (Appropriate License). Strong organisational and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organisation.
Apply for Operations Manager - Wisborough Green, West Sussex
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly