Kitchen Porter - Swadlincote
4 days left
- Job Type
- Part Time
Kitchen Porter - Champneys Health Resort Springs
Reports to: Sous Chef then Head Chef
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
Along with other kitchen team members, ensuring the kitchen is kept clean during working hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily cleaning of all kitchen areas, staff canteens and kitchen corridors
- The washing of all kitchen equipment for the chefs and all crockery and cutlery for the restaurant service staff
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean during service times and that all walk through areas are kept clear of any obstruction and that floors are kept dry.
- To follow the cleaning schedules as instructed – to sign cleaning schedules daily to provide due diligence that cleaning has been undertaken.
- To deep clean kitchen equipment as required
- Keep all store areas clean and tidy ensuring floors are swept and mopped
- The storing of all food deliveries as instructed on a daily basis ensuring that new stock received is rotated with old stock
- Communicate effectively with all staff
- Keep the delivery yard area clean and tidy.
- All cardboard to be placed into the baling machine on a daily basis and strapped for removal by the refuse contractor
- Food waste bins / general waste bins and recycle bins to be cleaned weekly as instructed.
- Assist with any stocktaking as required
- Provide support with all resort non food deliveries and distribution of received goods to relevant department.
- Report any equipment malfunctions to the Sous Chef / Head Chef
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance in line with the Company dress code.
- Assist with any additional functions/parties as and when required.
- Attend and contribute to departmental and resort meetings as required.
- Attend training courses as required.
- To work towards the business objectives of the Kitchen
- To be fully conversant with the Resort’s emergency procedures.
- To know and understand health and safety standards in the kitchen and report any hazards as necessary to the Sous Chef / Head Chef
- Comply and with all Company Policy and Procedures
- Complete any other reasonable duties as requested by the Senior Management Team.
- Food hygiene certificate, training can be given
- Previous kitchen experience preferable but not essential
- Effective communication skills dealing with the Kitchen and Restaurant team
- Attention to detail and be able to work using own initiative
Knowledge and Understanding
- Know and understand how to use cleaning equipment and baling machine.
- Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota and a willingness to extend of change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.
Apply for Kitchen Porter - Swadlincote
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly