Junior Activities Assistant (Childcare) (Evenings and Weekends) (Twickenham) - Twickenham
Fit for Virgin Active……?
Are you great fun and a brilliant team player? Are you dedicated to making sure our younger members have a safe and memorable experience?
We’re looking for a Junior Activities Assistant to be a positive and engaging influence to our younger members. Virgin Active Classic Club-V offers a fantastic range of activities for ages six weeks to 15 years and you’ll be there to help keep these important people safe and happy.
Part of one of the UK’s most prestigious group of companies, the luxurious Virgin Active Classic Clubs are the ultimate choice for those who want the very best in lifestyle, service and fitness.
- Providing an exceptional level of care to the children under your supervision, and help retain members by delivering exhilarating and energetic activities and sessions including;
o Crèche activities; story time, active games, playground games
o Birthday parties; sports games, creative parties
o Sports activity camps throughout school holidays
o Afterschool activities; active games, active crew sessions and activities.
- Ensure a safe environment at all times by complying with Health & Safety and department policies as well as making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Communicate effectively and build rapport with parents and care givers, informing them of key achievements or any issues during the sessions.
- Assist the Club V management to meet and exceed set targets and objectives, help achieve commercial success within the department and wider Club team.
What we can’t live without…
To be successful, you’ll love looking after and entertaining children of all ages. You’ll be welcoming and approachable, with the ability to stay calm whatever the situation and are not afraid to get your hands dirty (especially during our arts and crafts sessions).
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in a Child Related field.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before stat date.
This role is part time, working 14 hours per week with possible overtime available. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include Monday and Tuesday 4pm-7pm and weekends (9am-1pm).