Restaurant and Bar Manager - Bristol
Restaurant and Bar Manager – 4* Hotel
Salary: Up to £22,000 per annum
Responsible for the smooth running of the Restaurant and Bar operations. You will report onto the F&B Operations Manager. You will have the co-responsibility to develop, innovate and deliver a product which is quality driven whilst maintaining financial returns. This will be driven by ensuring that all working methods are reviewed and best practice is achieved so we in turn can grow our business whilst delivering excellent guest service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement weekly activities within the bars and restaurants to ensure we are perceived as a destination.
- Champion a training culture within the Food and Beverage team to ensure succession planning, and a culture that exceeds the very best the industry has to offer
- Constantly review the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained
- Manage Health & Safety and Food Hygiene, ensuring there is strict compliance with all legislation
- The F&B Manager / Restaurant and Bar Manager will create and be required to operate within efficient labour budgets for each season, tracking labour spending and providing input regarding capital projects and initiatives
- You will assist in the planning and implementation of new ideas and menu specifications each season, working closely with the F&B Manager and General Manager to ensure they fit with guidelines and are to the high quality our guests expect
- Provide constant leadership, counselling, advice and feedback to your team
- Provide an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
- Have a minimum 2 years as Restaurant and Bar Manager / F&B manager for a 4*/5* property
- High quality of service and strong brand standards
- Minimum 2 years current experience in the UK
- Deliver a high level of customer service to all reporting staff
- Deliver a one team approach to ensure continuous success.
- Motivate the team by engaging with all individual and ensure a nice working environment for all staff
- Develop an up selling and innovation programme within all F&B outlets
- Be a key player in growing all areas of the business
- Needs to be very ambitious and focused
- Operate effectively Opera and Micros
- Develop all operating procedures relating to the F&B department