Kitchen Manager - Ye Olde Swan, Surrey
Average weekly turnover: £20,000
Split Wet/Food: 40/60
Live in available - A double room with shared Kitchen and Bathroom.
- Manage the opening and closing of the kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Ensure stock counts are accurate and completed on time
- Maintain accurate food ordering and stocking levels, including kitchen materials to meet customer expectation
- Manage all kitchen – related office administration and third-party contractors
- Assist in delivering financial targets set for the house
- Manage wastage through correct portion control and records
- Train and develop staff to assist in kitchen duties
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management and head office
Who we are
Old English Inns are a collection of some of England’s historic pubs inns and hotels, steeped in history and loved for their warmth and hospitality. Whether taking time out in a pub or getting away to a hotel, we’re sure you’ll fall in love with our cosy bars, crooked walls and low beams.
Your experience with Old English Inns will be different every time: choose from over 100 pubs, inns and hotels in some of the most beautiful parts of the country across 24 counties. Discover old coaching inns, attractive town houses, thatched and timbered buildings, all individual in style, packed full of history, warm and welcoming – in market towns, countryside and seaside locations.
We’ve invested a great deal of time and efforts restoring many of our buildings to their former glory, while ensuring our facilities are firmly based in the 21st century. All of the charm of the past with the convenience of the present – a unique combination ensuring that every stay with us is different!
With informal table service and beautiful settings, this is perfect for a manager who has come from a branded food operation background with a similar style food service.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Share-Save Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 33% Greene King Discount Card (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- High-Street Retail Vouchers and Shopping Discounts – saving you money
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses
If you think you have what it takes, we'd love to hear from you.
Don’t miss this opportunity – apply now!