Store Manager - Cambridge
Store Manager – Convenience Food Retailer - Job Summary
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Exciting Store Management position offering the opportunity to work for this ethically and culturally strong business. In this role you will drive sales, focus on promotional activity and utilise your retail nous to its fullest extent. This is a Store Manager role with a difference and would be a perfect role for someone looking to expand their already extensive retail knowledge.
Our client are the UK's leading retail organisations who have such a diverse offer. They treat their people fantastically and genuinely offer great progression throughout the organisation. You are given freedom and autonomy to put your stamp on this retail operation and will be able to utilise your flair in all areas to ultimately improve sales & profit, service, availability and the fresh offer.
Store Manager – Convenience Food Retailer - Role Responsibility
As Store Manager you will be responsible for:
- Recruitment, training & development of the supervisory and colleague team
- Driving the highest levels of customer service
- Ensuring full availability
- Ensuring fresh food is of the highest standard in terms of quality and presentation
- Ensuring promotional activity is proactive and takes into account what competitors are doing so sales opportunities are not missed
- Ensure stock and seasonal lines are managed to their potential
- Running a wide ranging P&L taking into account fresh food, non food, ambient, bakery, deli, etc
- Ensure the best use of space and flow of the store
- Experience of trialling new concepts and departments
Store Manager – Convenience Food Retailer - The Ideal Candidate
As Store Manager you must have:
- Food retail management experience, either as a Store Manager, General Manager, Deputy Manager from larger supermarkets/convenience retailers Strong communication / customer service / organisational skills Profit and Loss management
- People development skills
- Gravitas and presence to operate and influence at a senior level
- Able to work and run a successful business under minimal supervision
- Excellent track record of achievement: maximising sales and achieving / surpassing targets.
- Experience of General Management in at least a multi-million turnover store
- Experience of driving incremental sales and profit increases and understanding how this is best achieved
Detail2Retail is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UK’s leading Retailers.