Chefs of all levels - London
Som saa is a unique restaurant and bar on Commercial Street, near Spitalfields Market. Check us out on instagram or take a look at our website. We have received a string of brilliant reviews and awards.
We have a friendly team of international chefs but cook regional Thai food, including many unusual recipes and techniques. We make fresh coconut cream and curry pastes everyday in the kitchen, and we use all sorts of exciting and hard to find ingredients. For the curious chef there is a huge amount to learn. And we're looking for a couple of chefs to to join our team...
We can offer:
- A great salary. Around £24k or more per year plus a share of the service charge with very fast progression for those who want to learn and earn more. Hourly rates well above industry average are available too.
- A happy team and supportive environment. Thai food experience is brilliant but most of our chefs simply like to learn and cook - we can train chefs on all aspects of thai cuisine.
- A central London location very close to transport links such as Aldgate East, Liverpool Street, and Shoreditch Station.
- A sensible work life balance. We try to ensure our full time chefs work a reasonable number of hours and have the days off that work for them.
- One of the most unique kitchen jobs in London! You'll get to learn about great Asian produce, butchery, charcoal grilling, Thai curry pastes, stir frying on our Chinese wok range and much more!
In return, we want chefs who love cooking and want to progress. A positive attitude and team spirit mean a lot. As noted before, no experience of Thai food is necessary. If you have enthusiasm and knife skills and would like to learn about old techniques and unusual ingredients, we would love to hear from you.
If you'd like to work with us, or if we can tell you more, please do give us a shout. Just reply by email or come visit us at the restaurant.
We hope to hear from you soon!
With warmest regards,
The Som saa team
Apply for Chefs of all levels - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly