Restaurant Commis Waiter/Waitress - Forest Row
Ashdown Park Hotel, East Sussex, now has an exciting opportunity available for a
Restaurant Commis Waiter/Waitress
to assist in our busy 2 AA rosette Anderida Restaurant
Ashdown Park Hotel & Country Club is a magnificent Grade Two listed country house hotel set in 186 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland on the edge of the Ashdown Forest, 5 miles from the local town of East Grinstead and 17 miles from Gatwick Airport. An award-winning AA 4 red star Hotel which has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its Anderida Restaurant as well as a 'Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015', Green Tourism Business Scheme Silver accreditation and numerous other awards.
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager, as commis waiter/waitress you will have responsibility for mis-en-place and preparation of the Restaurant and equipment prior to service (open breakfast, lunch and dinner). You will not only ensure that the Restaurant consistently operates to a 2 AA Rosette standard, but endeavours to make every meal an occasion for its guests.
You will have enthusiasm, dedication, a genuine passion for food, wine and people. Customer care, communication skills and the ability to interact with colleagues and guests in a friendly professional manner are essential. Experience as a commis waiter/waitress or in a similar role in a 4 red star property would be beneficial but not essential.
As an Investor In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels.
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens.
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions.
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations.
- Company personal contributory pension scheme.
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef.
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered.
- Free car parking.
Closing date for applications is 5th August, 2016