Court Monitor - Northampton
BOOST TRAMPOLINE PARKS
Location – Northampton
This is an exciting new opportunity to work as a Court Monitor within our brand new 30,000 sq ft trampoline park located with Northampton.
We are looking for candidates who have had experience working within any multipurpose leisure centre, children’s activity / family entertainment park, hotel, leisure complex or health & fitness club. No previous experience of this particular role is required but some experience of alternative type roles such as Lifeguard, fitness consultant or coach would be preferable.
The role of the Court Monitor is the most important within our park with duties including
- Monitor & Manage the trampoline Courts - maintaining the highest safety levels of all guests at all times. Anticipating safety issues and intervening at the earliest possible moment to prevent accidents from occurring.
- Identifying accidents and emergency situations quickly and dealing with them in the appropriate trained manner – by giving first aid to any guest that requires such treatment
- Encourage a fun and exciting atmosphere for all guests by engaging with them constantly throughout their experience at the park giving world class service
- Coach and monitor different activities throughout the park i.e. Dodgeball, wipe-out zone or other such activities
- Host safety briefings to all guests and continue to monitor and coach these points throughout the guest’s experience
- Adhere to all Health & Safety guidelines and procedures outlined and trained within your employment
- Assist in the daily maintenance and cleaning and safety checks of the trampolines
- Assist in any cleaning requirements throughout the whole park as and when requested by your line manager
- Monitor and ensure that all guests have the appropriate footwear and correct wristband throughout all jumping sessions. Park rules regarding jewellery etc. to be enforced.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively through the use of radios with all other Court Monitors and Management on duty
- Potentially work in other departments such as Front of House, Café and Parties completing all tasks that are relevant and required of that role.
There may be the potential for the right candidate to also qualify for completing Duty manager shifts throughout the park. A separate role definition for this element will be provided.
The role will require the candidate to be fully customer facing at all times, therefore interpersonal and communication skills along with a huge desire for the very best customer service experience are a must.
All candidates will be expected to work a variation weekends, evenings and bank holidays on a shift basis.