NCS Team Leader - Milton Keynes
MK Dons Sports and Education Trust
Position: NCS Team Leader
Department: Education and Vocation
Reporting to: Education Manager
Salary: £8.16 per hour
Contract: Fixed term
Hours per week: Non-Contracted
Overall Objective: To Deliver the National Citizen Service Programme at a local level working with young people (16-23 years of age).
- To lead your identified team in all phases of the programme, including a residential trip.
- To build a rapport with team members, and act as a support person for all individuals in the team.
- To act as a role model for a “good citizen”.
Summary of Duties
- To offer guidance to team members to ensure maximum gain throughout the programme.
- To constantly listen to the needs of the young people, and offer suggestions to the SET NCS Co-ordinator for changes and enhancements to the programme.
- To have an understanding and awareness of the local community.
- To ensure that all activities are delivered in line with safeguarding and health and safety practices.
- To be able to support participants in the collation of their portfolio of evidence, and develop a Personal Development Plan and sign-post young people to on-going community opportunities.
- Experience in a community or educational setting
- Good communication skills
- Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage young people through sport and volunteering
- Good team worker and self-motivated
- Ability to co-ordinate workload
- Willing to work unsociable hours
- Experience of delivery in a wide range of environments including schools, club and community settings
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of young people
- Experience of mentoring, supporting and encouraging team members and volunteers
- Ability to collect relevant information for evaluation purposes
- First Aid
- Full UK license
- Have access to your own vehicle
- Be interested in all aspects of volunteering and community development
- A demonstrable record of implementing Equal Opportunity policies and activities
This role requires an enhanced DBS check
Closing Date: 12th December 2016