Assistant Manager - London
Department: Restaurant/ Floor/ Reception
Reports to: General Manager
Purpose of Position:
To support the General Manager in the efficient and profitable running of the Restaurant, Floor or Reception operation within Bounce ; the Assistant Manager is responsible for the organisation and supervision of excellent service in their designated area, maintaining the Company’s established reputation and ethos.
The ultimate goal of all employees is to deliver excellent customer service, creating a unique experience for the customer which makes them want to return; you should be positive, loyal and a proud ambassador of the Bounce brand.
Core Non - Negotiable Skills and Experience:
- Proven organisational skills; a proficiency in organising and managing different tasks to required deadlines
- At least one year’s restaurant management experience, preferably within a high volume, similarly complex operation
- An excellent team player, able to take direction and with a desire to develop leadership skills, working with the GM to inspire and motivate the department’s team of employees
- Fluent verbal and written communication and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Expertise and patience to deal with any issues that arise – an analytical and creative approach to correcting the existing problem and avoiding future conflict
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the operation of the department with passion, integrity and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of Bounce
- Assist in the achievement of sales and profit targets as set by the GM; guiding and motivating the department team to maximise sales and control costs
- Be responsible for accurate rota planning
- Ensure that excellent service is consistently delivered
- Organise the department to ensure established opening and closing procedures are adhered to, in line with Company policy and completed in the time allocated
- Build and maintain excellent relations with guests;
- Review operational and employee performance to identify any problems, concerns or opportunities for improvement
- Effectively receive guest feedback and use this to improve service and maintain the highest possible standards
- Assist the GM with the recruitment and training of team members and to manage and motivate the team to realise their maximum potential
- Observe Company’s rules and procedures and carry out any reasonable request made by their Manager
The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add to your duties, or amend this job description at any time. In addition to the above duties you will carry out such other duties as the Company reasonably directs from time to time.