Group Manager - London
Group Manager – Leading Contract Caterer – Education Sector - Job Summary
Great opportunity to join one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality organisations in a high profile role with a wide span of autonomy. Our client is one of the UK's leading catering and hospitality specialists. They operate across a variety of sectors providing mostly catering, FM and hospitality services. Contract catering organisations are an outsourced solution adopted by any of the UK's largest companies such as Banking, Retail, Business & Industry, Healthcare, Education etc.
Group Manager – Leading Contract Caterer – Education Sector - Role Responsibility
As a outstanding Group Manager you will have to liaise with, and build excellent relationships with various stakeholders and you will need to manage your business area effectively and ensure the best service, quality and KPI delivery across a range of commercial outlets. This role will be a Monday to Friday position with occasional evening and weekend work.
In the capacity of a Group Manager you will:
- Build, develop and motivate your team to deliver the very best service and quality to the client
- Be able to deliver the "WOW" factor
- Have a successful track record in large contract catering or hotel business
- Be able to manage and deliver on a multi million pound budget
- Be knowledgeable about all health, safety & hygiene matters and drive these high standards through the team
- Implement and monitor the effective use of the Food Safety Management System.
- Have experience in organising and managing high profile conference and banqueting events
- Maximise profit and business opportunities within your contract
- Develop the service offer and client relationship to grow the business areas covered under the contract
- Be fully P&L accountable and be able to manage cost and resources to deliver profit and margin targets
- Ensure all of your team is engaged, motivated and passionate about delivering the service that is expected
Group Manager – Leading Contract Caterer – Education Sector - The Ideal Candidate
As Group Manager you must have:
- Experience of managing P&L accounts
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Be a devoted food enthusiastic who is fully conversant with food styles and current food
- Be able to work alongside the schools commercial team on the challenging, diverse enterprise business which is continually growing
- Commercially very astute and is always looking for ways to maximise business returns
- Build excellent relationships with internal stakeholders and clients
- Expert at delivering results through your team, acting as coach, mentor and motivator
- Understands the difference between management and leadership and displays qualities aligned to the latter
- Results orientated with impeccable standards around quality, service and presentation
- Is positive, articulate and polished, and knows how to professionally interact with clients within their environment
- Expert at adapting style and behaviour to meet the needs of the situation
- Computer literate, numerate with very good verbal and interpersonal skills
Detail2Leisure is a division of Detail 2 Group Limited and acts as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UK's leading hospitality & leisure companies.