General Manager or Management Couple required - The Crown Inn, Chislehurst
General Manager or Management Couple required
Pub/Hotel: The Crown Inn, Chislehurst
General Manager required for busy pub, restaurant and hotel overlooking Chislehurst common.
Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven General Manager or Management Couple to join our team and take on the successful running of the Crown Inn, Chislehurst.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East; the Crown Inn combines the friendly atmosphere of a local’s pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern seven bed hotel and function venue.
Boasting a great location overlooking the common, the Crown Inn is at the heart of the Chislehurst community, acting as a meeting point for numerous clubs and groups in the village. There is always something going on at the Crown and our well utilised event room means that we play regular host to lots of weddings, events and parties.
The site currently operates on an approximate 50 % Liquor, 40 % food and 10 % accommodation split, and it is a fast paced and popular community led business in the area.
We are looking for an experienced and sales driven general manager or management couple that will immerse themselves into village life in Chislehurst and who can continue to develop the trade across all areas of this multifaceted business.
- Proven experience at general management level within the pub, restaurant, hotel or hospitality sector.
- Experience in a busy high volume food & beverage operation.
- Former events or hotel/accommodation experience is advantageous, although not essential.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop a team of approx. 15 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Two bed live in accommodation if required.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Profit share scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.