Head Chef / Kitchen Manager - The Royal, Whitstable
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
Pub/Hotel: The Royal, Whitstable
Dedicated and passionate Head chef required in Tankerton.
Shepherd Neame are looking for a Kitchen Manager / Head Chef to join us for a brand new and exciting opportunity at the Royal in Tankerton, Kent.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East, the Royal is a busy pub and restaurant that boasts a fantastic sea fronted location in Tankerton, a suburb that sits between the coastal towns of Whitstable and Herne bay.
The Royal is now part of our ever expanding managed estate and following a small refurbishment in September, we are looking for an enthusiastic and proven Head Chef to take on this fantastic challenge with us.
Offering a traditional British style cuisine with a twist and able to cater for approximately eighty covers in the restaurant, the Royal plays host to a very diverse customer base. This role will see you forming part of our management team at site and assuming responsibility for the kitchen budget, team management and day to day kitchen operations in order to drive and develop the food sales and standards at this site moving forward.
In return we will offer you a great salary, quarterly and annual bonuses, good company benefits and ongoing training, development and support from your site manager and our regional head development chef.
- Proven experience at a Kitchen Manager/Head Chef level.
- High volume catering experience.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of approx. 6 kitchen staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.