Kitchen Assistant / Porter - The Wharf, Dartford
Kitchen assistant / porter
Pub/Hotel: The Wharf, Dartford
Hard working and reliable porter required.
Due to business demand the Wharf is looking for a Kitchen assistant/porter to join our team immediately.
The Wharf is a modern and spacious family pub and restaurant located in the heart of Dartford’s New Crossways. We play host to a diverse range of customers at the pub and we pride ourselves on offering a traditional and quality menu together with excellent levels of customer service.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for maintaining a clean, hygienic and tidy kitchen area.
- You will manage the pot wash and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring adequate clean stock and cutlery for service.
- You will also be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation ensuring that our customers are served quickly and efficiently.
- Experience is preferable although not essential as full training will be provided.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Candidates must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- You must be able to work split shifts, evenings and weekends.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- You will be a great team player.
- An immediate start is available.
- Full company training will be provided.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- There is the potential for career development with Shepherd Neame in the longer term.
- In order to be considered please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.