Bar Supervisor - The George, Soho
Pub/Hotel: The George, Soho
Bar Supervisor required for busy pub in Soho, London.
The George in Soho is looking for a proactive and dynamic Bar Supervisor to join our team immediately.
Set in a bustling and lively area and dubbed Sohos ‘Local, the George is part of the Shepherd Neame Group of sixty managed pubs, restaurant and hotels in London and the South East.
We need an enthusiastic Bar Supervisor that has first class communication and organisational skills, some form of previous bar and cellar experience and bags of personality.
If you are ready to take your skills to the next level, then we can provide you with the support and training to get you to an Assistant Managers level.
You must be dedicated and flexible in this post as you will be working full time hours to include some evenings and weekends.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will oversee a small team of bar staff ensuring that your department and shifts run smoothly.
- You will ensure that an outstanding level of customer service is provided.
- Liaising with customers and being visible out on the front line.
- Supporting with the compilation of rotas and delegating duties whilst on shift.
- Staff management and training.
- Stock control and rotation.
- Dealing with any cellar management issues.
- Cashing up and daily banking procedures.
- Previous supervisory or team lead experience within a pub or bar is preferred.
- You must have former cellar management experience.
- First class customer service and service delivery skills.
- Great leadership skills, with the ability to train and motivate a team.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Pay rate is £7.50 per hour.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- There is the potential for career development with Shepherd Neames ‘Assistant Management Development Programme’ in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.
In order to be considered for this role please either apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.