Pub Operator Couple - The Palmers Ale House & Kitchen, Spalding
Pub Operator Couple – The Palmers Ale House & Kitchen
An exciting opportunity for an experienced couple
The Palmers Ale House & Kitchen in Long Sutton is available on our new Pub Operator Agreement. This is an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of our Retail Division.
The Palmers Ale House & Kitchen is a quality site which provides high end, gastro dining, with the opportunity for weddings and functions. It performs well in its current market place, but requires good operators to enhance and grow the business further. The pub is available on a Pub Operator Agreement therefore we are looking for quality operators to maximise the business, with the commitment, drive and ambition to build a successful food business.
Business Agreement Available
The Pub Operating Agreement (POA) is a hybrid arrangement which allows the operator to use their entrepreneurial skills and flare to grow the sales of the business. The key features of the agreement are as follows:-
The Operator agrees to:-
- being a VAT registered Limited Company
- operate the business within Batemans guidelines
- open the premises during agreed opening hours
- lawfully employ and pay all the staff including any NI contributions
- receive a percentage of the wet turnover as a Fee, at …%.
- pay a percentage of the food and / or accommodation income to us as a rent; at …%.
- be responsible for the supply and renewal of all catering equipment; crockery; utensils below the size of a microwave
- produce a quarterly promotion/activity plan which is signed off and agreed with us in advance
- pay us an agreed deposit; initially £10k to cover two weeks’ stock
Batemans agrees to:-
- pay a percentage Fee to the Operator every week; of wet sales
- return all food & accommodation income (including the VAT) to the operator less a deduction of …%.
- pay any agreed expenditure to the operator
- pay the agreed bills for the pub except employment costs
- carry out repairs to the premises and the inventory
- provide a till epos system
- set the wet pricing and stocking policy; supply all
- wet stock
- provide training and support for the operator
The experience and qualities we consider desirable in order to run this type of business are:
- Having excellent entrepreneurial skills to grow and develop business to achieve its maximum potential
- Extensive catering knowledge or chef qualifications
- Experience in letting rooms
- Having excellent marketing and social media skills
- High retail standards and a passion for customer service
- To be able to develop and deliver quality food
- Quality food offer