Pub Operator Couple - The Red Lion, Alford
Pub Operator Couple – The Red Lion, Alford
The Red Lion in Mumby is available on our new Pub Operator Agreement. This is an excellent opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of our Retail Division.
The Red Lion is a quality site which performs well in its current market place which requires good operators to enhance and grow the businesses further. The pub is available on a franchise agreement therefore we are looking for quality operators to maximise the businesses, with the commitment, drive and ambition to build a successful food business.
Business Agreement Available
The Pub Operating Agreement (POA) is a hybrid arrangement which allows the operator to use their entrepreneurial skills and flare to grow the sales of the business. The key features of the agreement are as follows:-
The Operator agrees to:-
- being a VAT registered Limited Company
- operate the business within Batemans guidelines
- open the premises during agreed opening hours
- lawfully employ and pay all the staff including any NI contributions
- receive a percentage of the wet turnover as a Fee, at …%.
- pay a percentage of the food and / or accommodation income to us as a rent; at …%.
- be responsible for the supply and renewal of all catering equipment; crockery; utensils below the size of a microwave
- produce a quarterly promotion/activity plan which is signed off and agreed with us in advance
- pay us an agreed deposit; initially £10k to cover two weeks’ stock
Batemans agrees to:-
- pay a percentage Fee to the Operator every week; of wet sales
- return all food & accommodation income (including the VAT) to the operator less a deduction of …%.
- pay any agreed expenditure to the operator
- pay the agreed bills for the pub except employment costs
- carry out repairs to the premises and the inventory
- provide a till epos system
- set the wet pricing and stocking policy; supply all wet stock
- provide training and support for the operator
The experience and qualities we consider desirable in order to run this type of business are:
- Having excellent entrepreneurial skills to grow and develop business to achieve its maximum potential
- Be able to promote letting rooms through internet search engines
- Having excellent marketing and social media skills
- High retail standards and a passion for customer service
- To be able to develop and deliver a quality food