Duty Manager (Operations) - Energi - Wilmslow, Cheshire
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
JOB TITLE - Duty Manager (Operations)
RESPONSIBLE TO - General Manager, Wilmslow
RESPONSIBLE FOR - All operational aspects of the business at Energi Wilmslow
DIRECT REPORTS - Senior Court Marshalls x 3
To manage the day to day operational requirements of the building giving more focus in particular to the activity Arena.
To be responsible and accountable for the day to day level of service to the accepted standard with regards cleaning and customer interaction on the activity Arena. (In house policies and procedures are provided) at Energi Trampoline Park, Wilmslow.
To actively manage, develop and motivate a team of operational staff
To manage staffing resources effectively and within budget
To be responsible for the day to day management and running of the activity area.
To be fully financially accountable for all areas under your remit; working within agreed budgets and targets. As a member of the management team, you would be expected to contribute ideas and initiatives towards promotional activity to maximise the use of the facility, identifying gaps and developing action plans to meet or exploit these.
To ensure that health and safety issues are monitored to the highest standards at all times and reported as per legislation.
To take responsibility for compliance with Health & Safety and Operating Documents.
To ensure that Energi Trampoline Park offers the highest standards of service to all of its customers and provides an outstanding experience.
To lead and support the wider team to success by delivering against the key business indicators.
To be a proactive member of the leisure park team.
To act as deputy to the General Manager as necessary.
- To ensure that current Health & Safety at Work regulations are applied and adhered to, and the continuous development and enhancement of the NOP and EAP in the management of public safety
- To take full responsibility for the areas under your control including but not limited to:
- All aspects of staffing and rostering of your area
- To manage and control issues around absence, work standards and with specific emphasis on dress and ‘fitness for work’ criteria.
- To aim to exceed the agreed financial targets and to maintain a commercial focus on all aspects of the area under your remit. Areas of focus must include: Staff rostering, cleaning, impeccable supervisory standards with regards to customer safety.
- To provide an outstanding customer experience & strive to continually improve this in conjunction with the General Manager through constant monitoring of
- Customer feedback
- Staff training
- Standard operating procedures
- To promote and protect Energi company values at all times. Communicating these effectively to the team ensuring they have all the information they need to achieve the expected standards & improve & develop.
- To ensure the operational integrity of the facilities in conjunction with the General Manager. Providing the highest levels of service and product for the customer in line with commercial targets.
- To take responsibility within the centre for the management of general maintenance, and ensuring, in consultation with the General Manager, that expenditure is kept within budget.
- To manage the Energy Policy at the centre and ensure monthly monitoring information is produced.
- To supervise centre staff on a day to day basis, ensuring performance potential is optimised and all work is carried out to the high standards set, and motivation and morale levels are high, utilising Human Resource policies and procedures for consistent practice.
- To liaise with client and contractors to ensure that the centre receives an informed and effective service, at minimum disruption to the centre and its customers.
- Ensure that customer comments and complaints are handled professionally, with issues being referred as and when necessary, to the appropriate member of staff.
- To ensure customers are provided with a safe environment and that staff carry out their duties and comply with all safe systems of work, as defined in the operating procedures. All plant and machinery is to be operated according to operating procedures
- To act in the event of an emergency in accordance with Emergency Action Procedures, (EAP’s), taking responsibility for the performance of staff and the outcome of the action
- To develop, implement and measure cleaning schedules to the highest standards and to manage contract cleaning operatives if applicable. To ensure that sufficient stocks of all consumable items (cleaning materials, first aid supplies etc) are ordered for the forthcoming calendar based on sales forecasts.
- To support the General Manager and act in a deputising role in his/her absence.
- To maintain an awareness of the local marketplace and relevant competitors through your own mystery shopping and analysis.
- To establish and deliver local marketing campaigns in conjunction with Energi Trampoline Park and to nurture and maintain healthy business associations with targeted clientele in the area.
- To foster and maintain great working relationships with all teams across the Energi brand to ensure effective flow of information between all areas, including third party contractors. To offer support and advise when needed, and recognise excellence amongst the team
- To develop and support the team to deliver outstanding performance, through effective staff mentoring and coaching. To ensure the implementation of all of health and safety legislation through in-house training and development that fulfils our operational and legal requirements.
- To ensure that there is effective implementation of the recruitment process by assisting with:
- Induction training
- Court Marshall training
- Customer relations training
- To ensure all legal requirements are met and records are up to date for audit purposes. To ensure that the operation is operated in accordance with current knowledge and practice, management and measurement of all areas of responsibility including company regulations relating to the following areas:
- Health and Safety
- Fire Regulations
- Sales of goods / Trading Standards
- To maintain security on site at all times
- To be responsible and accountable to drive all employment relations issues with the support of HR and Staffing through to closure, to minimise exposure in a time sensitive manner.
As Duty Manager
- Responsible for the recruitment, induction, supervision and training of duty/operational staff, carrying out appraisals, training needs assessments as appropriate
- To monitor staff training records and ensure all staff are complying with our training policy and qualification requirement
- To undertake performance reviews for all team members on an annual basis ensuring feedback on performance is given regularly in line with the policy and procedures
- Communicate effectively with your team on a timely basis ensuring robust systems exist so that staff feel informed and involved
- To have responsibility for risk management and health and safety in the workplace
- To fully participate in the performance review process and personal development planning.
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post and agreed with your line manager.
- Occasionally training or meetings are organized outside normal working hours. The post holder will be expected to attend whenever reasonably practicable.
- To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
- To contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the teams in which he / she works.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- This list is not exhaustive and you may be required undertake any other reasonable duties requested by Energi Trampoline Parks at the request of the line manager which are commensurate with the role, including project work, internal job rotation and absence cover.
Previous candidates need not apply
Apply for Duty Manager (Operations) - Energi - Wilmslow, Cheshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly