Maintenance Manager - Hotel du Vin, Cambridge
One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves taking responsibility for the general maintenance of the property and the management of the maintenance team to ensure that jobs are completed efficiently to ensure that the guest expectations are met during their stay.
• You will be required to allocate responsibilities to the team, complete the daily job list and preventative maintenance schedules with an eye for detail and a passion for fixing things!
• You must meet time deadlines, liaise with contractors and take responsibility for health and safety.
• You will be passionate about hospitality.
• You must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a maintenance department of a similar quality hotel is required and knowledge of electrics and health and safety are beneficial.
• Maintenance Managers must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum and an award winning benefit package including -
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Sitting snugly among the Grade II listed buildings of picturesque Trumpington Street, our Cambridge hotel was lovingly converted from old University buildings. Retaining the original character and quirky architectural features, this boutique hotel is the ideal place to relax, celebrate or do business - or a bit of all three. Also known for its festivals, museums, theatres and open spaces, Cambridge is a town like no other. Just as Hotel du Vin Cambridge is a hotel like no other. Lose yourself in a world of nooks, crannies, exposed brickwork, restored fireplaces and dark wooden floors. Take morning coffee or afternoon tea in the lounge, or savour classic French dishes with a British twist in our trademark Bistro - bon appétit for leisurely lunches or candlelit dinners. Linger over an aperitif or nightcap in deep sofas. Sample some of the finest fizz in the cellar bar or explore terroir and variatels with our expert Sommelier with a wine tasting. Or perhaps hold a private dining experience or get-together in one of our stunning function rooms? And when sleep beckons, retire to one of 41 distinctive bedrooms. You'll find a comfy custom-made bed, soft Egyptian cotton linen, large fluffy towels, monsoon shower or roll top bath. When it comes to unique hotels in Cambridge, Hotel du Vin graduates with honours.