General Manager - The Fitness Space, Droitwich Spa
The Fitness Space
Position: General Manager
The Fitness Space Droitwich Spa are offering a unique opportunity for a General Manager to head up the team in this new facility.
The Fitness Space is far from a traditional gym. We are entirely focused on getting our members the results they deserve.
From the people we hire, to our technology and integrated facilities, we do everything to ensure we create an environment where results are inevitable.
The Fitness Space Droitwich Spa is a franchise operation, created by former Olympic 400m athlete Tim Benjamin, offering a results-driven membership service in an unintimidating environment.
- The General Manager will ensure the smooth day to day running of the facility including general operations and line management of all staff
- Devise and execute effective marketing, sales & retention plans
- Grow The Fitness Space’s monthly membership revenue
- Grow and develop The Fitness Space’s secondary spend projects
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of the fitness industry and the day to day operations of a gym environment
- Manages multiple stakeholders effectively
- Get people’s buy in with the vision and what it means for them
- Challenge and support others to think differently
- Build rapport effectively
- Use a range of influencing techniques across stakeholder groups (team, Board, suppliers)
- Manage time effectively
- Understand the businesses’ key commercial levers
- Ability to effectively report on your sales responsibility, particularly secondary spend projects and retention planning.
Planning & Reporting
- Devise effective operational plans and report against them to the Board on a weekly basis
- Report effectively against key financial levers (Monthly membership revenue, Secondary spend revenue etc.)
- Monitor retention analytically
- Execute successful retention strategies
- Understand the customer lifecycle in depth, seeking feedback to inform retention plans
Sales & Marketing
- Devise successful marketing campaigns and ensure their successful execution in line with monthly targets
- Identify market opportunities and innovative ways to drive membership (residential and corporate), secondary spend and overall revenue growth
- Understand and explore industry trends to inform plans
People & Stakeholder Management
- Line Management of staff
- Help direct reports to set and review measurable goals
- Identify recruitment needs and appoints effectively at various levels of the team
- Identify team’s training needs and executes effective development plans
Customer Service Management & Operations
- Organise staff rota effectively
- Proactively ensure service quality growth in line with customer service feedback
- Evaluate current systems and processes to ensure they are fit for growth
- Assure quality delivery across all service offerings
Commerciality & Strategy
- Manage budgets effectively
- Grow and develop secondary spend revenue streams
- Identify growth opportunities
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities
The Fitness Space offers a highly competitive salary and commission structure creating sustainable, mutually beneficial working relationships.
If you feel you fit the profile of a Fitness Space team member and wish to apply for the position, please send a covering letter and CV.