Part Time Swimming Teacher - Maidstone Leisure Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for part time Swimming Teachers based at Maidstone Leisure Centre. Swimming Teachers will deliver lessons to customers and have responsibility for the safety and skill advancement of the people within their care.
Hours: Part Time, various hours are available to cover our aquatics program
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Instruct individuals or groups in the art of swimming and other associated aquatic activities.
* To provide schemes of work and lesson plans relevant to the instruction being undertaken.
* Ensure the safe use and storage of any equipment required during a lesson.
* To record information relevant to each lesson content and any other associated information.
* Provide instruction in line with the Amateur Swimming Associate (ASA) National Plan for Teaching Swimming.
* Attend badge assessment sessions as required.
* To promote and support the Swimming Programme.
* To undertake any task, within any department or area that you are directed to perform which is relevant to the company’s task and is within your competence and ability.
Skills and Experience:
* Hold a NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard) qualification or equivalent is essential
* Hold a professional swimming qualification equivalent to the Amateur Swimming Association Level 1 or 2 (or equivalent) is essential
* Extensive and up to date knowledge of current swimming teaching practices
* Knowledge of current safety requirements for management of swimming lessons
* A Good planning ability
* A good communicator with excellent customer care skills
* Confidence in instructing groups of people
* Good class management and motivation skills
Some of the benefits of working for Serco at Maidstone Leisure Centre are:
* Free use of all the facilities at the Centre
* Development and Training Opportunities
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Serco optional benefits - preferential rates on family healthcare, childcare vouchers, discount card, work and life support, cycle to work scheme
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to gain further qualifications within Aquatics.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.