Sous Chef vacancy: we are currently looking for a Sous Chef at this business. The Sous Chef role is vital in the overall success of the kitchen team so we are looking for a Sous Chef who will be as passionate about delivering a great guest experience as we are.
Sous chef role:
- Prepare, cook and present food in accordance with brand standards
- Lead the team in delivering an excellent guest experience
- Training and development of the team
- Stock control and ordering
- Taking PRIDE in maintaining highest standards of cleanliness
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times
- Helping organise kitchen team shifts
What we look for in an sous chef:
- To train and develop the team
- Great team-player
- To work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Engage with the wider front of house team
- A great eye for detail
- Ability to confidently lead the team
What we can offer you:
We can offer you a personalised induction based on your current skills and knowledge, then set you some tailored goals within our S.T.A.R. development programme. This will help you progress to the next level, and beyond. Besides this you will have the opportunity to develop your career to some of our other excellent brands in Mitchells & Butlers.
- 33% off in ALL our businesses for you and up to 5 friends
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Option to opt in to some of our share schemes (e.g. Free Shares Plan)
- Shopping discounts with many UK leading retailers
- Discount on shoes for work
- Flexible shifts
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Optional funded dental cover
- Chance to earn extra money with our Referral Scheme
We are recruiting for a Sous Chef to join our hard working kitchen Team in The White Hart.
As a Sous Chef you'll take responsibility for leading the kitchen operation, overseeing food preparation and assembly and helping with food ordering, staffing, stock control and conforming at all times with health and hygiene regulations. You'll help the kitchen team to thrive in a high pressure, fast paced environment, using your passion for food to help inspire your colleagues.
Your prior experience in a high volume, branded in a food role, together with our training programme will enable you to thrive in this key management role and further develop your food and people skills. Before applying for this role please ask yourself - is this you?
Are you confident leading a team and taking responsibility?
Are you passionate about serving up great food dishes you can be proud of?
Have you got a good eye for detail and are you able to work under pressure?
We'll offer you a great salary, plus a comprehensive training programme which will develop your skills and enable you to be promoted further or expand your food skills through experience across our restaurant portfolio in locations across the country. What's more, being part of the UK's biggest pub and restaurant company means we can support you to achieve professional qualifications and offer you a host of future career opportunities, plus a great employee benefits package which includes high street discounts, paid holidays, pension and Sharesave Scheme.
Live in Accommodation is available for the right candidate.