Financial Controller - London
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Financial Controller £50-60k basic for fantastic hospitality company in London INTERVIEWING NOW
DMD is an independent, self-funded and expanding London hospitality operator incorporating Dalston Superstore, Voodoo Ray’s and soon Ray’s Bar.
With an expansion plan focused on Voodoo Ray’s, the company is working on a mission to bring New York’s famous pizza-slice culture to London one neighbourhood at a time.
After launching their first site in Dalston in 2009 they have expanded to Shoreditch and Camden, and have three more sites in the pipeline over the next twelve months.
We are recruiting a Financial Controller to help guide DMD through this important and transitional stage.
The successful candidate will understand the hospitality industry, including the fast growing casual-dining sector, and will reflect DMD’s ambitions for growth.
- Create a complete internal accounting structure and project-manage the migration of functions from current external management accountants.
- Select and implement new systems, including accounting software
- Evaluate and, if necessary, update existing reporting processes
- Manage all accounting operations including staff, initially comprising one part-time accounts ledger assistant.
- Review and manage sales and cost reporting from each site.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual budgets and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely 4-weekly financial statements (per site and consolidated) including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Produce weekly rolling quarterly consolidated cash flow forecast.
- New sites expansion support:
- Produce investment analysis along with P&L and cash flow forecasts.
- Manage monitoring of costs against budget during build phases
- Coordinate the preparation of annual statutory accounts with external accountants.
- Ensure quality control over all financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Set up and manage a purchase order process.
What DMD are looking for
- Proven working experience as a controller or management accountant
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified
- Experience with creating financial statements and management information in a restaurant/bar environment
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- High, bordering on obsessive, attention to detail
- Excellent Excel and other accounting software skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience of managing and developing staff
Please get in touch with your CV today! Interviews taking place immediately!
Apply for Financial Controller - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly