Front of House Manager - Stoke Park Country Club & Resort
Department: Front of House
Guest Relations Managers, Mansion and Pavilion Hotel Reception/Porters, Night Team, FOH Administrator, Switchboard
Hours of Work:
40 hours a week – 5 day rota to include weekends and bank holidays as per Departmental Rota.
To ensure the effective operation of the Front of House while being a professional and efficient first point of contact for all guests of Stoke Park and ensure that they receive the highest standard of service, whilst ensuring that AA 5 Red Star Standards are followed at all times.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- To ensure that FOH operations are run in a smooth, efficient manner in line with AA 5 Red Star Standards to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that the teams maintain a high level of product knowledge of the hotel, brand and local area.
- To ensure all bedrooms are in immaculate condition at all the time and any issues related to maintenance and HK are logged, resolved and followed up properly
- To appraise all staff regularly, and to organise consistent training and daily/weekly/monthly meetings.
- To en sure that rota/holiday forms are set around the needs of the business, ensuring that all overheads are kept according to business need.
- To enhance and maintain Departmental Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that the teams are adhering to them at all times.
- To ensure that you and your teams are fully aware of all Hotel promotions, tariffs, facilities & current activities.
- To provide an efficient & professional service at all times and to deal with guest enquiries either by email, fax, telephone, letter or verbal.
- To attend the Daily Dash meeting and communicate traces, special requirements, VIPs and combined Hotel and Spa Reservations efficiently.
- To be the first point of contact in handling any situations, complaints and guest needs and assist with show-rounds.
- To be fully aware of and manage all the cash handling and credit procedures and to report any unrecognisable discrepancies to Accounts immediately.
- To ensure that Safe, Key and Handover procedures are fully operational and any changes required are communicated to all GRMs.
- To monitor the job performances of all direct reports and provide feedback through appraisals to aid the employees in developing and enhancing their skills.
- To maximise cost effectiveness within the FOH Department by ensuring compliance with established budget, labour and revenue benchmarks.
- To maintain established inventories by coordinating the ordering of all FOH stationary and supplies in accordance with business needs. To ensure that all storage areas are kept neat, clean & tidy.
- To become fully conversant with all FOH-related systems and equipment and proactively maximise the use of all IT tools provided by the company to their full capacity.
- To ensure that the Car Park and front areas of the Mansion/Pavilion are always presentable.
- To report any maintenance work that is required through the correct channels.
- To cover Duty Manager shifts when necessary.
- To attend meetings, appraisals and training as required.
- To ensure the accuracy of all administration information & respect confidentiality.
- To be aware of and make sure that you and your team adhere to health and safety, fire and bomb threat procedures. To report any item that causes concern to staff or clients.
- To carry out any reasonable request from a senior manager.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.