Regional HR Advisor - Reading
Job Title: Regional Human Resources Advisor
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Direct Reports: none
Location: Based in Southern region with regular requirement to visit sites and Head Office with some overnight stays
Hours of Work: Mon to Fri 37.5 hours plus share of Operations HR weekend telephone cover roster
Key Contacts: HR Manager, HR Team, Regional Operations Director, Area General Managers, Deputy General Managers, Department Managers
Main Purpose of Job
To provide effective and commercially focussed HR support to half a designated region including the Regional Director, Area General Managers and their respective teams.
To ensure effective people management practices are in place by advising and coaching Area General Managers and their teams regarding all aspects of people management including terms and conditions, performance management, sickness absence, disciplinary, grievance, workforce planning and organisational change.
- To maintain and develop an understanding of current employment legislation in order to be able to provide expert advice and guidance on employment matters in accordance with current company policy, procedures and employment legislation.
- To provide a timely, clear and consistent advice on all employee relations cases that are referred by sites and to ensure professional, accurate and complete records are maintained.
- Identify and then liaise with the Company’s HR and legal advisor on complex cases or those involving a perceived high degree of risk.
- To develop constructive local relationships with Trade Union/ professional association representatives.
- To contribute to the review, development and implementation of company employment policies and procedures.
- To assist in reducing levels of sickness absence by effective management of long term sick cases, carrying out regular site absence audits and utilising third parties such as GP’s, Occupational Health and Rehabilitation services.
- To develop effective working relationships with all your key relationships
- To undertake a regular detailed HR audit on sites to ensure compliance with legal and company requirements, agreeing key actions and providing appropriate support and coaching.
- To attend regional operational meetings to provide information on key national and local HR matters and to share best practices.
- To design, develop and deliver workshops on HR matters e.g. managing absence, investigation and disciplinary handling, recruitment and selection.
- To provide advice, guidance and coaching to support and develop Site Management to improve their capability in people management
- To work closely with operational management to ensure a robust succession plan is in place for both individual sites and the region.
- To support company development programmes, this includes being actively involved in the selection and review processes.
- Support companywide change initiatives that impact employees eg. TUPE, redundancies, changes to employee terms and conditions.
- Manage relationships with external providers within the overall scope of the role
- Promote good housekeeping for an efficient working environment
- Propose, support and develop best practise in the department and company to improve the products and services delivered
- Provide cover for other HR team members during periods of annual leave as required
- This job description is an outline only and is not definitive or restrictive in any way. It will be regularly reviewed and may be amended in consultation with the postholder.
- Salary competitive dependant on experience
- 25 days holidays
- Fully expensed Company Car or allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Bonus potential of 15%
- Life Assurance
- Company pension scheme
- Lap Top & mobiles phone