Venue Manager (Maternity Cover) - London
Venue Manager (Maternity Cover) £40k pro rata- South- West London
The prime function of this role is to provide Maternity cover for three venues (2 operational all year, 1 May-Sept only) assisting with growing the business profitably both reactively and proactively whilst retaining and developing our existing database of clients.
To ensure high quality service, on time and to budget by managing client delivery projects to enable us to fulfil our contracted promises to clients consistently which dove tails and leads to successful account management.
- To manage a sales and events team of 4 based at two venues.
- Manage the venues recommended supplier list, encouraging supplier lead new business
- Managing and control operational costs for all venues
- Ensure all events are effectively managed (weekdays and weekends) in order to deliver excellent experiences for clients.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements within the office and at events
- To achieve and/or exceed the monthly sales target for each venue
- Identify new opportunities for the business, actively seeking new ways to create opportunities and support the central team where necessary
- Fully understand the pricing and maximise opportunities during peak and off-peak periods
- Over-see venue marketing with the marketing division with awareness of budget
- Participate in familiarisation trips, site inspections and client entertaining as requested
- Attend relevant trade fair/exhibitions/networking events and company promo’s as requested by line manager
- To demonstrate effective people management skills including delegating projects to enable others to develop, learn from mistakes
- Manage invoice process and Cash book
- Prepare and send weekly figures
- Monitor progress against budgets
PERSON SPECIFICATION (QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE)
- Proven Track record demonstrating strong sales skills
- Full Driving license and reliable car to travel between venues
- Previous experience of running events; in particular private events such as weddings
- Previous experience in event sales and putting detailed proposals together
- Good understanding of different wedding cultures and catering requirements
- Availability to work late nights and weekends on a regular basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills