Head Chef - Coventry
Are you Fit for Virgin Active..?
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
We’ve worked hard, come a long way and are really proud to now be offering wholesome, nutritious food to compliment health & wellbeing goals perfectly. This includes a new partnership with Soulmate Food, allowing us to pair our passion for nutrition with our fitness reputation!
We’re looking for a talented Head Chef to play a big part in our restaurant’s success. Working closely with the Restaurant Manager to ensure that revenue profit and performance targets are consistently achieved, you’ll also see that we meet all hygiene, health and safety requirements. And, when it comes to preparing food, devising special events, recruiting and leading a kitchen team or ensuring across the board compliance, you’ll be there making it all happen.
- Oversee and develop a ‘World Class’, healthy and memorable dining environment for members and guests using the Club Lounge
- Actively seek feedback on menu options, quality and presentation, proactively promote menus and events.
- Make sure all staff have training and knowledge in food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH regulations.
- Ensure all assigned operational duties are being carried out in line with department checklists.
- Supporting the F&B Manager to ensure the department achieves its targets.
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (7am-3pm), 'lates' (3pm-8pm) and weekends.
What we can’t live without:
It goes without saying that you’ve already made your mark in a highly commercial restaurant business. Any local knowledge - i.e. the business / market opportunities – would also be useful. Above all, you set and expect the highest standards, are great at motivating others, able to consistently work to time constraints and have a real desire to drive positive change in a high-energy environment.
- Minimum NVQ Level 1 or equivalent in catering, you’ll also need a minimum Level 2 (preferably Level 3) Food & Hygiene certificate.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in a similar environment.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role; able to remain calm under pressure and work efficiently in all situations, with the ability to coach and motivate others.
- Excellent organisational flair, with a keen eye for detail and strong numeracy & literacy skills.
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Competitive industry pay
- Dedicated F&B manager, there to support and promote your development
- Tailored courses to suit you, your interests and increase your expertise in your field.
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniforms
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!