Retail Assistant - Liphook
Retail Assistant - Champneys Health Resort Forest Mere
REPORTS TO: Retail and Boutique Manager
Champneys is a destination health spa chain with resorts and day spas located in the English counties of Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire and Hampshire.
The Boutique Assistant plays a key role within the Champneys Boutique and Retail offer, selling products and helping and making recommendations to guests, ensuring the highest standard of customer service is offered at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Offer excellent customer service to all guests, assisting customers of the Boutique and taking every opportunity to upsell.
- Extend courtesy to all visitors, reps and colleagues of Champneys.
- Maximise sales at all times in order to contribute to hit monthly targets.
- Gain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of the workings of the till, undertaking any training as may be required in order to become a proficient user.
- Maintain product and stock knowledge to include brands exclusive to Champneys and have an awareness of the availability of stock at all times.
- Organise stock sizes on rails and visual merchandising.
- Ensure the shop and till areas are well presented and tidy at all times, cleaning floors and shelving as required and making sure the retail space is merchandised to its fullest potential.
- Take responsibility for the organisation of the stock room, ensuring stock is clearly labelled and accessible to all team members as required.
- Ensure that incoming deliveries are checked and put away as soon as possible causing minimum disruption to the sales floor.
- Maintain an accurate stock book, using the systems already in place. Enter all new stock into the stock book and create a new set each month.
- Prepare and action the retail stock-take as directed by the Business Accountant and Retail Manager.
- File all mail orders appropriately and check and action these regularly.
- Action all commission slips for the treatment department in accordance with the systems in place.
- Follow the banking / till administration procedures in place at all times and deal with or report any loss or error as necessary.
- Ensure minimum loss of stock or damaged goods by keeping stock clean, sending all faulty goods back to suppliers in a timely manner and ensuring correct staff discount rates are used.
- Ensure that any complimentary goods and transfers are authorised and follow the correct admin procedures to ensure an accurate stock file, reducing old stock subject to the authorisation of the Retail Manager.
- Adhere to company health and safety policies and procedures at all times and ensure that any hazards are reported as soon as they are recognised.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by management from time to time.
- A good overall standard of general education.
- Prior experience of working in the retail sector, ideally in a busy high end retail shop/Boutique specialising in clothes, beauty, health and wellbeing products.
- Exemplary customer service driven through a personal approach to sales and upselling.
- The ability to develop relationships with key customers such as repeat guests and club members.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to manage own time effectively.
- A proactive approach, with the ability to work without constant direction.
- Motivation to drive sales and hit targets.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Displays an enthusiasm for gaining stock knowledge, particularly in relation to the brands exclusive to Champneys, and takes every opportunity to upsell to guests.
- Prior knowledge of the workings of a retail or boutique offer and experience and an understanding of the systems in place, including till knowledge.
- Well-presented, personable and displays a pleasant demeanour as well as keenness to assist guests.
We offer industry competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, which includes:
- Contracted 28 days / shifts annual holiday including bank holidays, which increases with service.
- Generous staff discount in the Champney’s boutique and retail offer.
- Employee and family member discount for mid-week residential breaks at Champneys resorts.
- Complimentary staff spa facility day on successful completion of probationary period.
- Subsidised meals whilst on duty.
- Discounted Champneys Club Membership.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Participation in Wider Wallet shopping discount scheme.
- Option to join private healthcare scheme.
- Training and development opportunities.
Some restrictions or variations may apply depending on resort, role and length of service. Our benefits package is subject to review from time to time.