Soft Tissue Massage Therapist (Barbican) - London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
It is an exciting time for us as we launch a new offering in the form of physiotherapy within our clubs.
Do you have experience in the provision of soft tissue therapy to clients (either private practice work or work with performance teams/sports squads)?
We’re looking for Soft Tissue Massage Therapists in a selection of our London clubs to provide the highest levels of care of Soft Tissue Massage treatment, rehabilitation & advice.
Being part of a growing & progressive inter-disciplinary health & performance team promoting high standards of health, wellness and patient care, your main duties will be to:
- Deliver suitable and appropriate soft tissue massage and manual techniques based on scientific education and client knowledge to aid in injury treatment, maintenance and prevention
- Work with a progressive and highly motivated therapeutic team and provide the most effective treatment and rehabilitation to clients
- Educate all Virgin Active stakeholders in terms of injury prevention and treatment and appropriate training recovery strategies
- Assist the clinical and lead physiotherapists, reformer Pilates instructors and fitness team with preventative health strategies, protocols and treatment
- Assist and take some responsibilities for ensuring appropriate medical supplies are fully stocked
Based in one of our clubs this is a full time role working 40 hours per week, across a variety of shifts over a 7 day period. Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
What we can’t live without:
To be successful as a Soft Tissue Massage Therapist, you’ll also have/be:
- A minimum Level 4 Sports massage qualification attained through an accredited school that meets QCF standards
- A member of a Professional Association (PA)
- A minimum basic first aid qualification
- A verifiable record of working within a multi-disciplinary team in the delivery of soft tissue therapy to a high standard
- Experience of developing and implementing innovative ideas and putting them into practice, including working in an applied and integrated manner
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 30 days holiday pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%