Procurement Trainee - London
About the role:
AMT Coffee is a UK & Ireland chain of Coffeehouses that are mainly located in railway stations and hospitals. We were the first coffee Company in the UK to use 100% fairtrade coffee and 100% organic milk and pride ourselves on always providing our customers with the very best quality product and service, making the best cup of coffee in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Procurement Administrator on temporary basis to join our successful and expanding business, working in our Head Quarters in Knightsbridge, London.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Warehouse Management/Stock Control
- Stock control - work with Commercial Procurement Analyst to manage stock levels in conjunction with warehouse partners Working with Procurement team to understand demand changes at product level and working with the Assistant Procurement Manager to adjust forecasts accordingly Ensuring warehousing partners are exercising stock rotation principles to minimise product waste. Collating and presenting weekly short life report Working with Assistant Procurement Manager to manage open to buy budget Communicating forecasts to suppliers and liaising with supplier base to ensure availability at all times Working with Assistant Procurement Manager resolving issues as they occur such as stock outs, suppliers failing to deliver, bars ordering incorrectly etc. Managing stock sell throughs on seasonal lines - communicating weekly to Procurement Manager and Assistant Procurement Manager % stock remaining & weeks cover, highlighting any risk of high write off Label & packaging ordering & re-ordering - ensuring good availability at all times
- Weekly review of finished goods and ingredients wastage for hospital sites Making recommendations to reduce wastage to target whilst ensuring good availability and maximising Reviewing productions levels and making adjustments Understanding impact of marketing schedule and launch activity Working with Assistant Procurement Manager to make recommendations for ingredients ordering
- Working with EPOS team to ensure timely set up and implementation of new lines/buttons, including New Product set up on the Fourth system Continuously maintaining the Tills/EPOS system so process and product are accurate Checking forecasts and preparing for approval from Assistant Procurement Manager Updating recipes in FnB when products change and new product introductions. Removing exit ranges
- Weekly and monthly summary by supplier of all issues that have arisen and providing a summary as % of orders
- Keeping Price File up to date and communicating updates to adjacent departments Working with Assistant Procurement Manager and Procurement Manager to ensure price file has the most up to date product listing for all bars, UK & Ireland, ensuring all retail prices and cost prices are up to date and accurate Component cost and retail price file kept up to date - working with Assistant Procurement Manager and Procurement Manager Distribution - ensuring distribution matrix is kept up to date at all times
Marketing & Point of Sale
- Copying, filing and keeping records of checked & signed off point of sale. Working with Procurement team to check off point of sale and marketing.
- Working with Procurement team to compile and issue retail communications. Responding to daily retail queries and escalating with Assistant Procurement Manager/Procurement Manager where appropriate.
This role requires 8 GCSEs Grades A-C including: Maths, English, Science. You will be highly numerate with great attention to detail. You will have an enthusiastic and can do attitude with a willingness to learn and progress in the role. We are looking for a team player who is confident and collaborative in approach.