Junior Sous Chef - Hook
Tylney Hall, Hook, Hampshire, now has an exciting opportunity available for a Junior Sous Chef to join our Fine Dining Brigade.
Tylney Hall is a beautiful 4 red star hotel in stunning gardens set in rural Hampshire.
We have a busy kitchen with the responsibility of preparing meals for large functions, afternoon teas and beautiful individual dishes for our 2 rosette restaurant (The Oak Room). We have a new Head Chef, who gained 3 Rosettes in his previous establishment, and you will be assisting in the Management of a kitchen that produces exceptional quality food items served from the designated sections to the highest standards. On occasional quiet shifts you will be able to develop your managerial skills by running the kitchen shift. You will oversee that the food is correctly prepared, cooked and presented. You will give efficient and smooth service through forward planning and organizing. You would be part of a close knit team with a passion for amazing food!
You should have a passion for freshly prepared quality food and want to excel in a busy, fast paced environment. You will be able to communicate clearly and think and act quickly. This role is perfect for someone who has already managed a team of at least 4 people and who seriously wants to make a career within a high standard, passionate and driven environment.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, have relevant experience as detailed above and qualifications. Candidates must also be prepared to work shift patterns to include week ends and bank holidays.
And in Return... As an Investors In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation and paid overtime.
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered
- Free car parking
If you feel that you would like to join us and that this role would suit your strengths, we would be delighted to hear from you!