Do you enjoy working as part of a fast paced, passionate team? Do you enjoy helping people and want to provide great customer service? If so, this role could be for you.
What it's like to work here
One of the last surviving country estates in London, Osterley Park and House is a vibrant attraction. The high turnaround of visitors means work is fast-paced, with the team always looking for creative ways to attract greater visitor numbers. Outdoor activities are a key focus, and the estate is part of the National Trust’s Cycle Trail project. Osterley Park enjoys a fantastic location just 20 minutes outside of London, so you can travel here by car or public transport.
What you'll be doing
With your love of working with people, positive attitude and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll welcome and look after every customer who visits our catering outlet, in this predominately front of house role. Using your excellent attention to detail, you'll ensure all signage is displayed correctly and the food served looks delicious.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you may also be required to help prepare some of our food in the kitchen. In whatever role you are fulfilling within your catering outlet, the National Trust values will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, and look to maximise sales so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.
This role is based on annualised hours where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just ‘good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player but also have the ability to work on your own initiative
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking