Lifeguards- NPLQ Course & Training
Fusion is hiring strong swimmers to work as LIFEGUARDS and help keep our customers safe at various locations around Mendip/ Somerset.
We have a NPLQ course taking place in Wells from 24th - 28th October and there are permanent jobs (various shifts) available for those individuals that successfully complete the course.
Working as a lifeguard is a responsible position but is also a fun way to earn extra money whilst making a difference. Joining Fusion as a lifeguard could be your first step towards a rewarding career within the Leisure Industry. Equally, qualifying as a Lifeguard could also guarantee part-time work whilst studying or to fit around your other commitments.
Fusion Lifestyle is committed to developing staff and many of our Lifeguards progress on to become Fitness Instructors or Swim Instructors, thanks to our award winning training programs. There are training programmes and opportunities to progress to management too!
In order to be considered for our Lifeguarding positions, you need to be an able swimmer with excellent customer service skills. Before commencing on a course, there will be a swim test and individuals should be able to meet the following criteria:
- Swim 50 meters on front and back
- Tread water in deep water for 30 seconds
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using steps or ladder
- Swim 50 meters within 65 seconds
- Tow a casualty 25 meters within 65 seconds
- Recover a casualty from the deepest part of the pool
- Read a sign at the far end of the pool
- Unqualified individuals must be able to attend training in Wells on the 24/10/16 - 28/10/16
Please apply below to register your interest in this course.