Building Services (Maintenance) Manager - London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this. Part of one of the UK’s most prestigious group of companies, The Collection clubs within Virgin Active are the ultimate choice for those who want the very best in lifestyle, service and fitness.
Would you enjoy fixing, maintaining and servicing everything from our air conditioning to our pool plant? Do you have strong leadership & project management skills?
We’re looking for very hands on Building Services (Maintenance) Manager to work alongside & lead the team to effectively deliver both a preventative & reactive maintenance schedule safely, on time & to budget. Ensuring the club is operating to meticulous standards will be your priority, providing a first class experience in line with The Collection expectations
- Performance management of the team, including recruitment, training, development and daily supervision to maximise efficient & productivity.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance & record keeping using the “Fix-It” internal system.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site.
- Put together a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; to work alongside & lead team to deliver effectively.
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet company requirements.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements.
- Work as part of the club Management team to share ideas & improve club operation.
The role is full time, working 40 hours per week on a shift basis; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business and will include a mixture of ‘earlies’ (6am-3pm), ‘lates’ (8am-5pm) and the occasional weekends (Saturday 8.30am-5.30pm, Sunday 10am-4pm) overnight shifts on a rotational basis. The successful candidate must live within 1 hours travel time to the club, for any emergency call outs when responsible for this.
What we can’t live without:
The role will suit someone with the technical knowledge & experience who will thrive on the varied nature of the maintenance requirements and ensure the efficient & smooth running of the club facilities at all times to maximum member experience.
- To be a successful Building Services (Maintenance) Manager, you’ll have:
- A Level 2 Electrical qualification (or higher).
- Relevant technical experience in a working environment .
- People & budget management experience.
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Luxurious working environment.
- A dedicated Regional Building Services Manager, there to support your learning & career development.
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniform
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.