Food & Beverage Assistant (Nottingham) - Nottingham
Are you Fit for Virgin Active..?
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
We’ve worked hard, come a long way and are really proud to now be offering wholesome, nutritious food to compliment health & wellbeing goals perfectly. This includes a new partnership with Soulmate Food, allowing us to pair our passion for nutrition with our fitness reputation!
We’re looking for a Food & Beverage Assistant to deliver a world-class experience to our members. Not only does that involve preparing and presenting food and drink and providing the highest levels of customer service, it also means ensuring all hygiene, health and safety requirements are met. Helping the Food & Beverage Manager achieve the department’s goals will be important too in a role that will see you play a big part in all aspects of the club lounge/restaurant’s operations.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and ensuring our members are given a personable and attentive service throughout their visit.
- Prepare and present food & beverage items to the highest company standard, responsible for receiving customer orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Deal with any member feedback in a timely and professional manner, making sure to escalate the issue where necessary.
- Complying with Health & Safety, COSHH and department policies; making sure all facilities and equipment are well maintained and properly stored.
- Assist the F&B management to meet and exceed set targets and objectives, help achieve commercial success within the department and wider Club team.
This role is Part time, working hours up to 32 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include Mon-Friday 'earlies' (7am-3.30pm ), 'lates' (12pm-8pm) and weekends (8am-4.30pm and 9.30am-6pm).
What we can’t live without:
A team player with excellent communication skills and a real flair for customer service, you pride yourself on your ability to deliver to time constraints and deadlines. The highest standards of personal hygiene, grooming and presentation are paramount too, as is a willingness to work flexible hours, whilst any knowledge of local business / market opportunities would be useful.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role; able to remain calm under pressure and work efficiently in all situations.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills; able to respond appropriately to everyone you interact with in all manners.
- A Level 2 certificate in food & hygiene would be beneficial but not essential as training would be provided.
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Competitive industry pay
- Dedicated F&B manager, there to support and promote your development
- Tailored courses to suit you, your interests and increase your expertise in your field.
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniforms
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!