Are you THE ONE?
We are currently looking for a Bar Tender with a passion for delivering outstanding service to join our professional and friendly Hamptons Bar team at St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel, London. This person will be responsible for providing a passionate, charming and attentive service delivery to all guests and visitors according to our service standards in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
You will have previous experience within a four / five star hotel in the same capacity and have an outgoing personality, excellent communication skills as well as an excellent command of the English language. You will be an ambassador of the hotel and therefore have a true passion for dazzling our guests and exceeding their expectations.
As a Food & Beverage Associate at St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel, London your role will include but not limited to:
- To prepare mise-en place for the smooth running of the Bar Operations during any morning or evening shift.
- Open and close the bar at the specified opening and closing times.
- To prepare and serve drinks as per guest requests.
- To be responsible for the receipt of payments for drinks and ensuring accurate charging of drinks to guests rooms.
- Clean the bar and all equipment, and maintain the bar in a clean and hygienic condition at all times.
- Requisition stock as required and keep the bar stocked, to meet business needs.
Why are we THE ONE for you?
We believe our people are the key to excellent service delivery and our success depends on you. We are devoted to creating a fun, friendly and creative environment where your work is valued and rewarded. Your journey with us will be one of personal development and career growth, enjoyment and fun that will enrich you for a lifetime!
In return for your hard work and dedication we are offering:
- A competitive salary
- Strong development opportunities with a dedicated Learning & Development Manager overseeing our team of qualified departmental trainers
- Generous associate recognition / award programmes
- Associate Holiday Programme; 10 Complimentary Stays in Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces properties worldwide, (based on availability)
- Free meals and uniforms whilst on duty
- Free laundry and dry cleaning of work uniform.
- Automatic enrolment in the Company's pension scheme.
St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel, London
In a country that values understatement, St. James' Court is an English classic typifying the concealed charm of one of Britain's finest hotels. The custom of St. James’ Court, A Taj Hotel is the distinctive choice for more than service with a smile. With a distinguished pedigree shaped over the centuries, this discreet Victorian masterpiece with its award-winning Shakespearean Courtyard is perfectly placed between Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament in a historic enclave marking the centre of power. Crisp and elegant, with an easy charm that’s reserved, yet attentive, we strive to make each visit more pleasurable and memorable. St. James’ Court has 338 rooms and suites, offers complimentary wi-fi, premier Golden Keys Concierge service and an exceptional range of dining options with four restaurants including Michelin starred Quilon and two bars, a Wellness Centre and the luxury lifestyle boutique Taj Khazana. Exceeding the expectations of today’s discerning traveller, St. James' Court is a slice of the past served up on a contemporary platter.
Bistro impresses with its unique presentations and flavours created through local sourcing of fresh produce and Chefs careful selection of meats, seafood, poultry and vegetables. Sophisticated and light décor ensures a timeless elegance allowing the varied international cuisine to whisk you away wherever your culinary journey takes you.
The Hamptons Bar
The Hamptons Bar is a chic enclave where cocktails can be savoured and memories made. With a sophisticated colour scheme, large elegant gilt mirrors and high-backed chairs the décor creates a sense of intimacy for drinkers. The bar team are professional and highly capable, with a solid and varied cocktail list that continually features seasonal additions. For those that prefer something lighter, the bar also serves afternoon tea, bar bites and light meals – The Hamptons Bar is the perfect place to unwind.
For more information about our property, please visit www.stjamescourthotel.co.uk
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unable to reply to every application that we receive, if you do not receive a response within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful with this particular application.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
Apply now if you are ready to take on a new challenge.