Part Time Lifeguard (Saturday) - Water Meadows Complex
Managed by Serco, Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex is currently recruiting a part-time Leisure Assistant. Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex offers everything you need for a great family visit. The leisure pool is packed with water rides to keep both adults and children entertained, whilst the competition pool and fitness suite provide for those seeking a more active visit.
We are currently looking to recruit a part time Lifeguard (Leisure Assistant) to work at Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex. The role of the Lifeguard is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
Saturdays 3.30pm - 8.00pm with an additional 2 hours (paid) training required once a month
* Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety by preventing accidents and incidents and taking appropriate action in those events
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
* Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety
* Undertake cleaning tasks and monitor standards of cleanliness
* Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are dealt with or reported
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Royal Life Saving Society) (Essential)
* A First Aid at Work Certificate and/or a Pool Plant Operators Certificate (Desirable)
* Experience of working within a similar service led or leisure operation
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* A good awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures
Some of the benefits of working for Serco at Water Meadows Swimming and Fitness Complex:
* Free use of all the facilities at the Centre
* Development and Training Opportunities
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Serco optional benefits - preferential rates on family healthcare, childcare vouchers, discount card, work and life support, cycle to work scheme
If you feel that you have the correct skills and experience in order to fulfil this role please upload your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.