Casual Lifeguard x4 (Recreation Assistant) - Tenterden Leisure Centre
Tenterden Leisure Centre offers a range of sporting and leisure activities to all age groups and abilities. With a modern sports venue to include a fully equipped fitness suite, fantastic leisure pool with various features and several classes and activities on offer.
We are currently looking to recruit 4 Casual Lifeguards (Recreation Assistants) to work at Tenterden Leisure Centre. The role of the Lifeguard is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
* Provide supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety by preventing accidents and incidents and taking appropriate action in those events
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
* Provide supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety
* Undertake cleaning tasks and monitor standards of cleanliness
* Monitor customer use within the centre and ensure unsafe practices are dealt with or reported
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Royal Life Saving Society) (Essential)
* A First Aid at Work Certificate and/or a Pool Plant Operators Certificate (Desirable)
* Experience of working within a similar service led or leisure operation
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* A good awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.