Community Pub Manager - North East
Our community pubs are famous for their commitment to being at the heart of the local community. Each pub has an offer developed with its customers in mind, whether that’s a great food menu, an exciting range of drinks, regular events or live sports. Our community pubs focus on the needs of local people, ensuring they have a great experience every time they visit.
Running one of our community based pubs places you right at the heart of the local community and integrating with the locals will be key to driving sales. Your role as Manager will be to encourage in-house community based events such as charity nights, pub games teams and other activities that will attract local custom. So, if you thrive on being at the hub of the local community and have experience in running a thriving community venue where something is always going on… then a Marston’s Community Pub could be the perfect choice for you!
The North East region contains the urban centres of Tyneside, Wearside and Teesside, and is known for the rich natural beauty of its coastline, National Parks, and the section of the Pennines that fall within the area. Its historic importance is noted by its ancient castles and the World Heritage Sites.
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience of running a successful pub business, with a proven track record in implementing profit-driving sales ideas. You will be passionate about the industry and up for the challenge of being the driving force behind a community based pub, developing the business through your experience and knowledge. In addition to these skills you will need:
- A Personal Licence
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- High operational standards
- Experience of taking full responsibility for profit and loss
- Good organisation and communication skills
- The ability to organise a range of community based activities and events such as charity nights and pub team games
Benefits and rewards
Working for Marston’s means working for a market-leading company that offers a great working environment. We recognise and reward hard work and encourage development at all levels, providing excellent training and development opportunities. We offer a first-class package inclusive of:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- High quality live-in accommodation (when included)
- 20% discount on food and hotel accommodation in participating sites
- Company contributory pension with life assurance
- Private healthcare (after a qualifying period)
- Save as you earn scheme
- Childcare vouchers