Senior Front of House Assistant
Job title: Senior Front of House Assistant
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours a week, shift work including weekends
Reporting to: Operations Manager
As a Senior FOH you are the best of Ten’s FOH, a true brand ambassador. You set the bar high for customer service, standards, studio marketing, retail and MBO. You oversee an efficient, successful and friendly FOH in your studio(s) and have the capability to transfer your knowledge on to a new and existing staff.
This is an integral role, supporting the Operations Manager, Studio, Master Trainers, Studio Managers, the FOH teams and the clients.
- Deliver the induction training of new FOH - set expectations from customer service, product knowledge, to how their desktop is managed
- Oversee the FOH team in your studio(s), completing one to ones, supporting them, raising any concerns with them and escalating to the Operations Manager when needed.
- Complete Return to Work interviews with the FOH team and report any concerns or issues to the Operations Manager
- Report any sickness or lateness to Operations Manager/HR
- Refresher training on an ongoing basis – i.e. working with freelance and FOH who are struggling
- Ensuring the FOH team are completing opening up, handover and closing up procedures correctly and completing the checklists
- MBO super user - expert – point of contact for all FOH
- Physio process expert- spot checking FOH work
- Monitor FOH targets and track MTD performance vs incentive targets
- To provide Operations Manager with any overtime hours for FOH team at the end of the month
- To check Freelance FOH invoices are correct for your studio(s)
Clients and Corporate
- Lead in managing the corporate clients and building the studio(s) corporate client base
- Lead in building the studio(s) overall client base
- Be the main point of contact for responding to client enquires
- Work with the Marketing department regarding customer care to implement monitoring data, user surveys and implement promotions.
- Work closely with the Master Trainer(s) in your studio(s) and ensure you communicate over any issues with studio standards and teams
- Monitor schedules for opportunities and trends
- Manage the FOH rota for your studio(s)
- Lead team meetings alongside the Master Trainer(s)
- Ensure stock checks are completed and work with Nicola on retail promotions etc.
- Ensure marketing promotions and literature is current and understood by FOH teams and SM
- Ensure the trackers are updated
- Report any maintenance issues on the tracker and also inform the Operations Manager
- Lead by example by reaching own targets
- Market research- monitor competitor websites for new ideas and trends
- Liaise with Master Trainer(s) and Operations Manager to ensure standards of Studios are maintained.
- Take part in the weekend manager rota
- Carry out FOH duties when on the rota
- Adhoc tasks as directed by management
Front of House Duties
- Being the first point of contact with all clients, in person, over the phone and through email.
- Maintaining and enhancing high levels of customer service.
- Ensuring that you are fully aware of the days’ schedule and appointments in order to direct clients and staff - review the classes, PT’s and physio appointments for the day and confirm clients to trainer/physio
- Taking payment for all classes
- Updating forms onto the system daily
- Knowing how to use the Physio booking system
- Having knowledge of the products on offer and providing clients with this information.
- Ensuring you are aware of all first timers for the day, preparing their paperwork in advance
- Encouraging clients to purchase our retail products or physio products when necessary
- Delivering an energised reception area.
- Following opening and closing procedures
- Monitoring studio standards and supporting the studio management and the wider team.
- Replenishing studio and changing room stocks throughout the day
- Listening to clients and reporting their feedback
- Living the Brand values.
Structure of Role
Plan is for 2 days per week off the FOH rota and 3 days per week on the rota
Person Specification - Experience
- Proven track record in customer service management
- Experience in rota management
- Experience in a position of seniority
- Experience in sales
- Experience of using the MBO system is desirable
- People Management experience is desirable
- Experience of working in the health and fitness industry
- Ability to build relationships and transfer your knowledge in a productive way
- High level of organisation and attention to detail and finisher of tasks
- Ability to multi-task across and support all areas of the business proactively e.g. Physio and Pilates
- Organised, a planner, pro-active not reactive
- Team player / People driven
- Lead by example
- Well presented, well spoken, friendly and helpful
- Good work ethic
- Integrity /Honesty
- Authoritative and Assertiveness
- Flexible / Ability to adapt
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to enhance a one team culture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to cover the role at any of our studios when required.
To apply please submit your CV to HR, Stephanie Burridge by applying below.