British Music Experience requires a results driven Sales professional to develop and implement Leisure Sales campaigns to market British Music Experience both domestically and internationally and to meet objectives including achieving tour group targets and increasing visitor numbers from key markets.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To work with the Marketing Manager to develop and deliver results focused leisure sales and marketing campaigns that will generate the required visitor numbers from tour groups and individual visitors to achieve company targets.
- Work with Tour Operators, Group Travel organizers, destination management companies, online travel agents and ground handlers to increase sales.
- Market British Music Experience to Tour Group Operators/ coach/cruise operators to generate and contract new business following appropriate contract SOPs.
- Successfully manage relationships with Tour Operators, Group Travel organizers, destination management companies, online travel agents, ground handlers and with Tourism agencies.
- Business development to create new sales opportunities, including both leisure and corporate events operating outside opening hours.
- To assist in the development of an events strategy for the use of the attraction outside of opening hours, in conjunction with the Operations Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Travel internationally to attend appropriate out of state trade shows, workshops and sales missions with the tourism agency partners in order to sell British Music Experience.
- Organise participation at out of state trade shows including registration, securing sales appointments, creating presentations and afterwards ensuring follow up is completed.
- Grow international visitor numbers from key markets
- Regular liaison with representatives within Tourism agencies and other tourism providers to identify new opportunities and to keep up to date with market trends.
- Use direct and partnership sales and marketing activities and platforms to contribute to the awareness of British Music Experience and to attract domestic and out of state visitors.
- Undertake regular sales calls to group tourism operators
- Sales negotiation and contracting with group tour operators
- Establish relationship with Ticket Quarter representatives and keep the team up to date with new operator contracts and information.
- Fulfilment of all sales campaign partnerships with tourism agencies
- Organise required marketing campaign and sales materials.
- Work with Marketing Manager to utilize all digital marketing platforms to ensure marketing messages are delivered to out of state markets.
- Work with design agency to design and create all required marketing material in line with brand and sponsor guidelines, ensuring that budgets are fully maximised.
- Work within a set annual budget ensuring that all sales activities represent value for money and help to meet visitor targets.
- Meet weekly with Marketing and General Managers ensuring effective communication and processes are being followed.
- Manage and resolve and issues with operators in a timely and professional manner.
- Actively engage with 2 operators on site per week to gather feedback and build relationships.
- Conduct FAM trips.
- Tour group credit management with finance.
- Monitor all sales activities and post campaign provide an analysis of results to check if campaign was successful.
- Provide sales forecasts and regular sales reports
- Monitor ticket sales and sales volumes per group operator in order to identify opportunities or issues.
- To undertake other duties as could be reasonably required to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the department, including
- Contribute effectively to weekly team meeting
- Provide appropriate information, sales data and trend analysis and prepare reports as requested by the Marketing Manager, Operations Manager and Directorate team.
- Provide administration support as required to the Marketing Manager
- Any other duties as required and delegated by the Marketing Manager
- Use internal and finance systems in line with SOPs.
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- A 3rd level qualification in Sales, Tourism, or Business related discipline
- Minimum three years’ experience in a proactive sales role within the tourism industry
- Proven experience of planning and delivery of successful results orientated sales campaigns
- Experience of achieving sales targets and meeting KPIs.
- Proven experience of business development
- Client relationship management experience
- Experience of working with external agencies
- Excellent presentation skills and experienced in delivering presentations
- Great people management, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience in sales analysis and report writing.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team and across teams
Desirable Criteria (if applicable)
- International marketing experience
- Experience of working in the tourism sector
- Experience of working with group travel organisers
- Ability to speak languages other than English
- Experience of working under brand guidelines
- Confident, self-starter and ability to work on own initiative
- Results focused with the ability to work under pressure.
- Great people skills
- An effective team player
- Ability to work to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- The ability to gather information and analyse it as part of the decision making process.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Ability to work to budgets
You must be available to work outside normal hours, hold a valid passport and be able to travel as it is an essential part of this role.
Hold a valid driving licence and have access to a car.
Apply for Sales Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly