General Manager - Royal Wells Hotel, Tunbridge Wells
Pub/Hotel: Royal Wells Hotel, Tunbridge Wells Experienced General Manager required for elegant event led retreat in Tunbridge Wells
Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the beautiful Royal Wells Hotel in Kent.
The Royal Wells Hotel is an elegant event led retreat with twenty seven bedrooms in the spa town of Tunbridge Wells and it forms part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East.
The hotel has recently undergone a complete £2.5million refurbishment scheme incorporating the latest facilities and contemporary style, whilst retaining its Victorian elegance and period features. It boasts spectacular views from its hilltop location on mount Ephraim and is just a short walk away from the town centre.
The site currently operates on an even split across food, liquor and accommodation sales and its two stylish event suites which are able cater for up to 120 sit-down guests makes the Royal Wells a very popular and busy site for high end weddings and events.
- Proven experience at general management level within the hotel, events or hospitality sector.
- Experience in a busy high volume food & beverage operation.
- Former wedding, events and function experience.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is preferred, although not essential.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop a team of approx. 40 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Private detached live in accommodation.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Enrolment in the company Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.
- As above