General Manager - The Royal Albion Hotel, Broadstairs
Pub/Hotel: The Royal Albion Hotel, Broadstairs
General Manager required for high volume food led site on Broadstairs seafront
Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the Royal Albion Hotel in Broadstairs, Kent.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East, the Royal Albion Hotel has been standing proudly on Broadstairs seafront since 1776. As a former residence of Charles Dickens, the Albion is steeped in history but provides our customers with a 21st century approach to comfort and relaxation.
The site boasts 23 spacious bedrooms, a main restaurant for 50 covers, Ballard’s coffee lounge and private event space that can cater for up to 40 covers. The recently refurbished conservatory and outdoor area provides the pub with a further 150 outdoor covers, allowing it to capitalise on the seasonal summer trade. With its outstanding beachfront location, the Albion Hotel is one of Shepherd Neames busiest and highest volume food led sites within the managed estate.
This site also benefits from private live in accommodation in the form of a 4 bedroomed house just minutes away from the site in Broadstairs.
- Proven experience at general management level within the hotel, F&B or hospitality sector.
- Experience in a busy high volume food & beverage operation.
- Hotel/accommodation experience is advantageous although not essential.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop a team of approx. 50 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Highly competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Private live in accommodation is a 4 bedded house in Broadstairs.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Share Incentive Plan.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.
- As above